The convenient, cost-efficient, and eco-friendly way to enjoy your candles every day.
How CandleXchange Works
The CandleXchange Difference
Our natural soy candles are hand poured using fragrances inspired by Australian nature.
We use pure soy wax and cotton wicks to create an even, clean and safe burn.
Rather than storing or discarding your old candle containers, we offer the convenience of refill.
Simply return your used container to a CandleXchange and exchange for a ready poured candle of your choice.
Relax knowing you are not unnecessarily contributing to landfill and extending the life of your candles.
Candle Type & Size
New Candle Purchase Price
Exchange Candle Price
320g Glass Soy Candle
460g Glass Soy Candle
2L Glass Soy Candle
800g Ceramic Soy Candle
- Select NEW when buying your first candle
- Select EXCHANGE when you are swapping your used candle for new.
- CandleXchange will send you a new candle.
- You can then use the packaging to return your used candle container for reuse.
- Simply email email@example.com when you are ready for courier pick up and we will send you a courier label to attach to the box.
You will be charged a NEW price, but we will refund the difference between a NEW and EXCHANGE on return of your used candle container.
Inspired by nature, captured in our hand poured soy wax candles especially for you to enjoy
Experience the scent of the Ocean breeze in the comfort of your home. Ocean breeze is made up of top notes fresh apple, melon orange and bergamot. The middle notes blends lavender and bois de rose leading to base notes of woody violet and musk.
Bring the Australian bush into your home. A complex floral combination of sweet florals, touches of fresh green grass, sensual floraland green leafy notes, mixed with citrus herbal woody notes of lemon, pine and eucalyptus.
Jasmine & Mint
This unique scent will transport you to a beautiful French country field. The fresh notes of wild mint adds a dash of eccentricity to an exuberant bouquet of jasmine, lily, orange flower and rose.
This pure essential oil will blast your senses with a refreshing invigorating lemon lime citrus aroma.
Coconut & Lime
The memory of the perfect summer holiday is brought back by the scent of Fresh coconut, lime and fragrant verbena are blended with warm vanilla and musk.
The bold classic gardenia fragrance with jasmine notes and lily will keep your house smelling uplifted and vibrant. A trusted scent that has weathered the test of time.
Mandarin, Lime & Basil
Fresh limes and zesty mandarins are undercut by peppery basil and aromatic white thyme in this alluring blend.
Exchange Your Candles In-store
It's easy to exchange your CandleXchange candle and choose your replacement for the cost of a refill.
Candlexchange candles can also be purchased at the following locations
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can choose from any fragrance if the container is the same size and material you purchased originally.
We do not change size of your container at refill; however, you can purchase a new container of any size with the fragrance of your choice.
Yes, you can swap candle containers at refill (between glass and ceramic) in the small size only as they are the same wax volume.
Yes, you can choose any colour ceramic in the same size range.
Yes, we would love your friend to come and get refills to ensure longevity of their gift.
We understand that accidents happen. If you send us a photo of your broken container, we will give you a 20% discount off a full priced replacement when you are next in.
No, we will take care of the cleaning for you.
Not to worry, you can buy a new bag at refill for $10.
Ideally, we would love you to use our bag given it has some padding to help protect the candle, however you can use your own bag.
We will take the upmost care of your candle containers (both CandleXchange branded or your own containers), however should an accident occur, we will replace your candle with one of equivalent value.
There is three common ways to clean a candle container.
- Freezing method
Cold causes wax to harden and shrink, making it easier to remove. Place the candle in the freezer for several hours or until it is frozen. The wax should pop right out of the container, but you can also loosen it with a butter knife if necessary. Scrape off any residue and then clean the container with soap and water. This method is best for ceramic (not glass).
- Boiling Water method
Hot water can also be used to remove wax. Put the candle on a surface protected with a towel or newspaper. Pour boiling water into the container, leaving room at the top. (If your candle is made of a soft wax, such as soy wax, you can use hot water that is not boiling.) The boiling water will melt the wax and it will float to the top. Let the water cool and remove the wax. Strain the water to get rid of any small wax bits. Do not pour wax down the drain. Scrape any remaining wax and clean with soap and water.
- Double Boiler method
Remove as much wax as you can with a butter knife or a spoon. Place the candle inside of a pot or large metal bowl on a heat-safe surface. (You can put a folded dish towel under the candle to keep it from moving in the pot.) Pour boiling water into the pot around the candle, making sure that the water does not get into the candle jar. Let the jar sit in the hot water until the wax has softened. Hold the jar in one hand and use a butter knife to loosen the wax. Remove the container from the water, pop out the wax, and then wash with soap and water.
Caution should be taken when using hot water or heating wax.
We understand these things happen. We will share the cost and refund you 50% of the difference between your new candle and exchange price.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ship you new packaging to return your used container.
Simply email email@example.com with the tracking ID or your parcel and we will identify any issues. Should the courier be responsible for the lost parcel, we will refund you the difference between your new candle and exchange price.
All refunds will be made directly to credit card or paypal account. We welcome you using this for future purchases.
Caring for your candle
To ensure the longevity and a quality burn of your candle, we suggest when lighting for the first time, burn for the recommended minimum time to prevent tunnelling, and to imprint the candle memory.
Refer to your candle instructions for recommended burn time for your candle size.
- Before each burn, trim wick to 5mm to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit mushrooming of the wick.
- Allow the candle to cool before relighting, and before cutting the ball at the end of the wick.
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources – candles will lose their scent and may discolour when placed in direct sunlight.
- Simply wipe the black that may occur inside the jar, if any, with a damp cloth.
Caution when using your candle
- DO NOT burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at one time. This can damage the wick and cause an undesirable burn.
- DO NOT leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface.
- DO NOT burn your candle all the way to the bottom of the container. Ensure you leave minimum 1cm of wax remaining in the container to avoid container overheating and potentially cracking.
Extending the life of your candle
- Clean your candle after it is finished. Simply use hot water and wipe out the remaining wax. Or place in the freezer for 20 minutes, the wax will pop out. Please dispose wax in the bin, not down the drain.
- Return to CandleXchange for a refill
- To ensure the longevity and a quality burn of your candle, we suggest you follow recommended burn times to ensure full burn of your candle (see below).
- We do not recommend burning your candle for longer than 4 hours.
- Soy wax has a memory so if you don’t achieve a full burn, your candle is likely to tunnel.
- Trimming wicks and cleaning the vessel prior to each burn will assist in achieving maximum candle life.
Do not burn your candle all the way to the bottom of the container. Ensure you leave minimum 1cm of wax remaining in the container to avoid container overheating and potentially cracking.
First Burn Min Time
Ongoing Burn Time
Total Burn Time
Glass – Petite
Glass – Small
Ceramic – Small
Ceramic – Medium
Glass – Medium