Welcome to CandleXchange
The easy way to swap and go with your candles
Thank you so much for joining the CandleXchange family!
CandleXchange was born in early 2021 from the opportunity to reduce the waste generated by the 4 million largely single use candles sold in Australia every year and reduce the cost of using candles every day.
From the entire team at CandleXchange, we truly appreciate your support on this mission.
Every order is a step closer to a more environmentally friendly (and cheaper) way to use candles every day.
We are thrilled to be a part of your sustainable journey.
Sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with our latest fragrances and products, plus receive 10% off your first purchase
How CandleXchange works
Your first burn
To ensure the longevity and a quality burn of your candle, we suggest when lighting for the first time, burn for the recommended minimum time to prevent tunnelling, and to imprint the candle memory.
First Burn Time
Ongoing Burn Time
Total Burn Time
Caring for your candle
- Before each burn, trim wick to 5mm to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit mushrooming of the wick.
- Allow the candle to cool before relighting, and before cutting the ball at the end of the wick.
- Keep candles away from sunlight and heat sources – candles will lose their scent and may discolour when placed in direct sunlight.
- Simply wipe the black that may occur inside the jar, if any, with a damp cloth.
Caution when using your candle
- DO NOT burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at one time. This can damage the wick and cause an undesirable burn.
- DO NOT leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface.
- DO NOT burn your candle all the way to the bottom of the container. Ensure you leave minimum 1cm of wax remaining in the container to avoid container overheating and potentially cracking.
Extending the life of your candle
- Clean your candle after it is finished.
- Simply use hot water and wipe out the remaining wax.
- Or place in the freezer for 20 minutes, the wax should pop out.
- Please dispose wax in the bin, not down the drain.
- Return to CandleXchange for an exchange.
- To ensure the longevity and a quality burn of your candle, we suggest you follow recommended burn times to ensure full burn of your candle (see above).
- We do not recommend burning your candle for longer than 4 hours.
- Soy wax has a memory so if you don’t achieve a full burn, your candle is likely to tunnel.
- Trimming wicks and cleaning the vessel prior to each burn will assist in achieving maximum candle life.
- Do not burn your candle all the way to the bottom of the container. Ensure you leave minimum 1cm of wax remaining in the container to avoid container overheating and potentially cracking.
Where to exchange your candle in person
It's easy to exchange your CandleXchange candle in person and choose your replacement for the cost of a refill.
Exchange your candles in person at the locations below.
How to exchange your candle online
It's easy to exchange your CandleXchange candle online - simply follow the steps below.
Ensure you select ‘Exchange old container for new candle’ when adding your new candle to your cart.
A courier will deliver your new packaged candle with a return postage label included.
Use the same packaging to box up your old container, add your label and email us when ready. We will arrange a courier – all covered in your initial $10 postage fee.
We will refund the exchange discount when we receive the old container.